1ST YEAR: GENERAL DIPLOMA IN IT-IMS
- Fundamentals of Computing and Computer Systems
- Digital Electronics and Computer Hardware
- Fundamentals of Computer Programming
- Desktop Infrastructure Management
- Managing Enterprise Server Environment
- Enterprise Network Infrastructure
2ND YEAR: HIGHER DIPLOMA IN IT-IMS
- Designing and managing distributed enterprise server infrastructure
- Managing and monitoring communication and businesses application infrastructure
- Developing automation tools for managing enterprise infrastructure
- Managing enterprise storage environment
- Managing and troubleshooting complex enterprise network environment
3RD YEAR: DEGREE PROGRAMME COMPLETION in IT-IMS
3 Mandatory Modules, 1 Elective and an Internship.(3+1+1)
- Application and Software Asset Management
- Managing IT infrastructure and services in data center environment
- Implementing cloud computing in enterprise environment
- Advanced enterprise network design and architecture
- Understanding and implementing big data infrastructure
- IT security
Year 1 and 2 are done in Kenya via VILT, live trainers in IIHT Cloud labs. In Kenya, students also have another trainer locally to moderate the class for international purposes. Thus, the class has 2 trainers.
For year 3, one must travel to India to complete the degree as per India, and UK Bolton University requirements, and to be awarded the Degree Certificate.
After the degree completion, IIHT places students for Internships in the many IT Companies in Bangalore, India.
Professionals, Jobseekers, and Entrepreneurs
Note that Year 1 and Year 2 are stand alone, to cater for those people who do not want to pursue the degree, but are looking to increase and professionalize their IT Skills. At the completion of either year 1 or 2, one is highly qualified to work in the IT Industry as a professional, and in many fields.